Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey-in-a-bag


What's a vegetarian to do when a turkey is required for Thanksgiving dinner?

Cook a turkey in a bag.

Thanks to the kind folks that now package turkeys that can be cooked right inside a plastic bag! In 90 glorious minutes my omnivore spouse had a juicy turkey and I didn't have to dig around the poor bird's innards for giblets (what IS that anyway???) or other random turkey parts. The best part of all is that throughout the entire process I never had to touch the bird at all.

This is a huge upgrade from a few Thanksgivings ago when I had to cook my first turkey, ever. After spending hours in front of the food network jotting down timings for basting, thawing, stuffing, good lands! Apparently that bird was well liked by the carnivores but I may be emotionally scarred for life digging around the carcass looking for stray appendages. Thank heavens for turkey-in-a-bag.

No comments: