Friday, March 19, 2010

CSA Arugula: Chickpea Soup with Arugula

In February I tried Martha Stewart's Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Arugula. It was delicious! I crumbled some Feta cheese on top which really ramped up the dish for me - I literally had 3 bowls of this before I forced myself to stop!

Last night I wanted to try something different with my CSA Arugula so I scoured the internet for recipes until I stumbled across Epicurious' Chickpea Soup with Arugula. Arugula, in a soup? Had to try it!

I used two of the carrots from the CSA box, a few leaves of just-picked basil from my AeroGarden, *two* cans of chickpeas, and the entire can of tomato paste (who uses only a tablespoon? what do you do with the rest of the can??). Oh, I also left off the cheese - it really didn't need it.

The soup was nice and the arugula wilted up a bit but still had a little crispness to it. I used the stick blender (thanks Uncle Ron and Aunt Leslie for the awesome wedding gift!) to puree about 1/4 of the soup which thickened the soup up just a bit.

No comments: